The Death of Virgo
|Air Date: April 11th, 2016|
|The Death of Virgo|
The Blood Snake Queen
The Death of Virgo is the 14th campaign of Season 1, and it started airing on April 11th, 2016. In this campaign, Virgo Sunsword and his party are sent to a village to investigate some missing Elven soldiers.
|Ghana Ens Sin||Elf||Sorcerer||Coestar|
|Reginald Barringster III||Elf|
|Cecilia Granger||Nimbus Elf|
- Woolly Elaphelks and baby woolly Elaphelks
- A massive Snobold ambush
- A group of Flesh Weaving Gnomes, led by Smiggons, and Calcium, with smaller Flesh Monstrosities
The campaign starts with Virgo Sunsword and a small group of his top men: Ghana Ens Sin, Nathaniel Granger and Tennis approaching a town near a snowy frontier. The town had requested military aid months earlier and a squad was sent to help, but they disappeared and a second squad was sent. After not receiving word from the second squad, Virgo decided it was time to investigate the matter personally.
When they arrived, they found that the town was desolate. The squad searched the town and found a young elf named Simon, a mute squire and Reginald Barringster III, drafting a letter stating that the second squad had been wiped out and requested further aid. Reginald was startled by their presence, having not expected Virgo to involve himself in the matter. Taking a begrudging Reginald and Simon with them, the group leaves the town in search for a Cave of Snobolds. Along the path, they encounter a family of woolly Elaphelks which they slaughter, although Nathaniel tames one of their young. The group approached a frozen lake that they needed to cross to reach the snobold cave. The ice was not thick enough to take the weight of Nathaniel and his new elaphelk. So, he flew across instead, leaving the other members of the squad behind to walk.
After crossing the lake, Virgo and his men traversed through the snowy wasteland. Here they encounter several Snobolds, Kobolds who live in the snow. Swiftly making work of the Snobolds, the squad interrogated two of the Kobolds, but couldn't get any helpful information. Virgo, trying to get more information out of the mute squire by healing his vocal cords, accidentally kills Simon. A shocked Reginald tells them exactly how to get to the cave in the mountains. Virgo and his men continued with a very terrified Reginald leading the way.
In the cave they encounter a bunch of gnomes. Meanwhile Reginald Barringster makes an escape from the group. The remaining group get in to a fight with the gnomes. Virgo kills their supposed leader, crushing the gnome into a puddle of blood. The gnomes leave the cave in a frenzied act of surrender after seeing this, leading the group to believe that they have won the day. It is at this moment that several Flesh Monstrosities appear. After fighting these abominations one member of the group discovers a letter, whose content implies that Reginald is partially responsible for the situation at this town and the existence of the flesh monsters.
The campaign then ends, stating to be continued.
- The events of this campaign play out.
- All characters listed above (except Virgo) are introduced, most notably Reginald Barringster III and Ghana Ens Sin.
- By association, the Briggs Family is introduced.
- The Fleshweavers are established.
- By extension, Blood Magic is introduced.
- The Following magical species are introduced: Flesh Monstrosities.
- A new variant of Kobolds are introduced, the Snobolds.
- The Pearl of Hindsight is introduced.
- It is introduced that characters can be born mute.
- As with all campaigns, this takes place after The Senate of Deadlantis Acts 2 and 3.
- Cecilia Granger is already dead. Therefore, The Fall of Dundinborough must predate Death of Virgo.
- Virgo Sunsword is still alive. Therefore, Death of Virgo must predate The Skeleton King, The Grand Paladin Order, and The Senate of Deadlantis Acts 1 and 4.
|Character Creation - Episode 0||Apr 10, 2016|
|Episode 1||Apr 11, 2016|
|Episode 2||Apr 12, 2016|
|Episode 3||Apr 13, 2016|
|Episode 4||Apr 14, 2016|
|Episode 5||Apr 15, 2016|
|Episode 6||Apr 16, 2016|
|Episode 7||Apr 17, 2016|
|Episode 8||Apr 18, 2016|
|Episode 9||Apr 19, 2016|
|Finale - Episode 10||Apr 20, 2016|
- This was the second campaign where a 'Behind the Scenes' was conducted on the Buffalo Wizards subreddit instead of as a video. It can be found here.
- This was the first campaign to have a character who was a mute.
- Haunter originally uploaded episode 0 with the name "The Life of Virgo", this was an communication error between him and the other guys. The name was fixed that same day.
- Although called The Death of Virgo, Virgo does not die in this campaign.
|Season One||Band of Thieves | Porc Hunters | The Jewel of the Dingo Isles | The Sunswords | The Unseen Rogues | Kobold Headhunters | The Zarlin Catacombs | The New Crew | The Silvermine Mountains | Guild of Explorers | Battle of the Bards | The Blood Snake Queen | The Death of Virgo|
|Season Two||Woodcarvers | Okagnoma Guild Hall | Murder Bros | The Cobblers | The Tower of Ultimate Wizardry: Chapter One | Unexpected Discovery | Buckeroos | The Fall of Dundinborough | Den of Devils | The Skeleton King|
|Season Three||The Grand Paladin Order | The Senate of Deadlantis | Azveltara Z | The Purge|
|Non-Canon||The Many Gobos of Pat | The Nuren Campaign|
|The Death of Virgo|
|Players||Coestar | Justin | Roamin | Rob|
|Characters||Ghana Ens Sin | Nathaniel Granger | Tennís | Virgo Sunsword|
|NPCs||Cecilia Granger | Reginald Barringster III | Simon | Smiggons | Todd|
|Races||Donkey | Dwelf | Elaphelk | Elf | Flesh Monstrosity | Frost Elemental | Gemling | Gnome | Kobold | Nimbus|
|Classes||Berserker | Monk | Paladin | Sorcerer | Warrior | Wizard|